Seed Scholarship for the Kelsey Arabic Program
“It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.” – Matthew 13:32
For over 50 years, the Kelsey Arabic Program (KAP) has taught the Arabic language to numerous people from across the globe. This scholarship seeks to particularly encourage students who are serious and committed to not only mastering the Arabic language during their studies at KAP but also have the desire to serve, love, and continuously learn from the Arab people both vocationally as their personal calling as well as professionally as a part of their career and gainful employment.
- Short-term: To lighten the financial burden of select student(s) who come independently to study Arabic
- Long-term: To foster leaders in the Arab world who will work in diverse fields of expertise, professions, and careers
- The applicant is intent on using personal finances to live and study in Jordan and applicant is not raising financial support through donors other than immediate family
- Priority given to applicants for full-time study at KAP
- Priority given to those who plan to study for at least two levels
- Priority given to those who demonstrate greater financial need
- A resumé/CV may be requested during the application review process
- For a Level One scholar, 50% of tuition will be covered. Scholarship contributes 475 JOD for Amman students, 350 JOD for Madaba students.
- For a Level Two scholar, 60% of tuition will be covered. Scholarship contributes 570 JOD for Amman students, 420 JOD for Madaba students.
- For a Level Three scholar, 70% of tuition will be covered. Scholarship contributes 630 JOD for Amman students, 490 JOD for Madaba students.
- For a Level Four scholar, 80% of tuition be will covered. Scholarship contributes 720 JOD for Amman students, 560 JOD for Madaba students.
- For scholars who continue their studies consecutively, the scholarship is renewable for their following semester if they have received KAL Academic Level certificate (refer to website) in their previous semester. If they have received KAL Honors Level certificate, the scholarship is renewed and an additional 10% of tuition amount will be awarded.
- The renewal of scholarship only applies to those who study consecutive full-time regular semesters (not summer semesters). If student chooses to drop down to part time or take time off in between semesters, the student needs to reapply.
- The scholar will be responsible for paying the 100 JOD deposit before the KAP application deadline to reserve their space and qualify for tuition discount according KAP policies.
- The scholar will be responsible for paying the remaining tuition balance and any additional school expenses such as books, make-up classes, tutoring, etc.
- The scholarship amount will be given directly to KAP for the scholar at the beginning of the semester once KAP confirms that the scholar has successfully applied to study at KAP and has paid the 100 JOD deposit.
- The scholar’s official student report and grades will be sent to the scholarship committee by KAP for determination of continuing scholarship eligibility.
- The scholar may be asked to write a reflection regarding their time at KAP.
- The number of scholarship(s) awarded will depend on scholarship funds available at the time.