By joining the program, the student agrees to abide by the general principles and expectations of the language program as follows:
- Students are expected to spend 30-40 hours per week (including class, visiting and church time) studying, listening to, and practicing Arabic in order to meet the basic requirements of the course. With this in mind, the student should be careful to remain free from obligations that will interfere with language study.
- Each full-time student is expected to attend one or more Arabic-language church activities each week (i.e., services, youth group meetings, women’s meetings, Bible studies).
- Each full-time student is expected to spend at least five hours per week in Arabic conversation to practice and develop the Arabic learned in class.
- All students are expected to abide by standards of purity and morality in dress and behavior which build up a positive reputation for themselves and the believing Christian community.
- Students will be expected to do all they can to attend every class.
- Each full-time student is expected to complete the weekly Exploring Culture and Language (ECL) assignment.
- Each full-time student is expected to complete the Academic Level requirements for the Kelsey Arabic Level (KAL) certificate.
- It is recommended that students attend a language and cultural acquisition program before arriving in Jordan.
- It is recommended that students install in their smart phones a voice recording application.